General Terms and Conditions (GTC) for Conferences of Governikus GmbH & Co. KG
- The terms and conditions apply to contracts of Governikus GmbH & Co. KG (hereinafter referred to as Governikus KG) with event partners for participation in Governikus KG conferences and for all other related services and deliveries.
- Deviating provisions, also insofar as they are contained in general terms and conditions of the
The terms and conditions of the contract do not apply, unless they are expressly accepted in writing by Governikus KG.
Event Partner Contract and Registration
- The event partner concludes an event partner contract (hereinafter "contract") with Governikus KG. The contract is concluded as soon as the event partner accepts the offer of Governikus KG for a Governikus meeting in writing. With the acceptance of the offer the event partner accepts these terms and conditions
- . After acceptance of the offer, the event partner will immediately receive a registration confirmation for the Governikus conference from Governikus KG. The description of the individual services within the scope of the various Event Partner packages is contained in the attached registration form.
- As the exhibition space for the event is limited, Governikus KG will consider the registrations in the order of their receipt. The event partner data will be forwarded to BESL Eventagentur GmbH & Co. KG (in short: BESL KG).
- Governikus KG provides the services described in the registration form to the event partner within the framework of the various "Event Partner Packages" for Governikus KG conferences.
- On site, BESL KG shall be exclusively responsible for setting up the booked stand, including attaching the graphics and providing the hardware and furniture. For this purpose, the Event Partner shall provide the necessary information for the graphics and its company logo in print quality. The Event Partner shall be responsible for shipping or transporting its own materials (hardware, brochures, etc.) to the event location and shall bear the costs incurred for this.
- If the event partner intends to set up its own stand, back wall or roll-ups at the venue, it must coordinate their design with Governikus KG in good time and obtain approval. Governikus KG is entitled to refuse the installation of its own stand, back wall or roll-ups if they do not fit into the overall design concept of the conference.
- Furthermore, the Event Partner is responsible for the assembly and disassembly of its own materials and, if applicable, the stand, as well as their timely removal after the contractually stipulated end of the event.
The event partners will be informed by BESL KG about the set-up and dismantling times. These must be strictly adhered to. After expiration of the dismantling period, Governikus KG shall be entitled to charge reasonable compensation for the use of these items for the duration of their stay and to remove them or have them removed and stored at the event partner's expense.
- The Event Partner has no claim to a specific placement.
- The design of an exhibition area in the form of a showcase will only take place after coordination with Governikus KG.
- The Event Partner must ensure that its stand is manned by at least one employee for the entire duration of the event. The Event Partner is responsible for the proper condition of its stand. After the end of each day of the event, all easily removable valuable items (mobile electronics, communication and presentation equipment, etc.) must be kept under lock and key or removed.
- As a matter of principle, no additional storage space will be provided to the event partner at the event location. Governikus KG will, however, endeavor on site to provide the event partner with additional storage space if required.
Participation fees and payment
- The prices for the various Event Partner Packages can be found on the registration form.
- The invoice will be sent by Governikus KG after receipt of the registration and is due for payment 14 days after receipt. Only temporary participation in the event does not entitle to a reduction of the participation fee.
Assignment, set-off of claims
The assignment of claims against Governikus KG to third parties or the offsetting of claims against counterclaims is only permitted after written agreement with Governikus KG. This does not apply to judicially determined claims.
Cancellation, cancellation and postponement
- Registrations subject to a fee can be cancelled free of charge up to the registration deadline according to the registration form. In case of cancellation until the cancellation deadline according to the registration form, half of the participation fee will be charged. After that date, the full participation fee will be charged. The same applies if an event partner fails to appear at the event without cancellation. Cancellations must be made in writing. The above regulations do not apply if a substitute participant is named and sent.
- Governikus KG reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event for organizational reasons, such as insufficient demand, lecturer cancellation or other important reasons for which Governikus KG is not responsible. In this case, the event partners will be informed immediately, no later than February 28, 2023. In the event of a cancellation, the event partner will be refunded any participation fees already paid. Further claims do not exist.
The event agenda is continuously updated. We therefore reserve the right to make any necessary adjustments or deviations in content, provided that these do not significantly change the overall character of the conference.
Claims for damages can only be accepted by Governikus KG if there is evidence of intent or gross negligence. In case of gross negligence, the liability of Governikus KG is limited to the foreseeable damage that should have been prevented by the violated obligation. This limitation of liability does not apply to liability for personal injury and liability under the Product Liability Act. Governikus KG reserves the right to object to contributory negligence. All claims for damages or reimbursement of futile expenses are subject to a limitation period of one year in the case of contractual as well as non-contractual liability; except in cases of intent or personal injury, after knowledge of the basis of the claim. The limitation period shall commence no later than two years after the cause of action has arisen.
Data protection law
Image and sound recordings
The event partner agrees to the free use of video, audio and photographic recordings of its stand and its personnel, which Governikus KG makes or has made as part of the event preparation and execution for the purpose of event documentation, its own advertising or for the purpose of publication in the press/social media. The same applies to third parties who make the above-mentioned recordings at the event with the permission of Governikus KG.
- The contractual relationship and its performance shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- The place of jurisdiction is Bremen.
- Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In this case, the parties shall work towards agreements that come as close as possible to the ineffective ones in their meaning.